Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Again

It's been quite a good week this week. Talked to a prospective employer yesterday and that was very positive. We seemed to have a good rapport. If I'm offered the position I have to decide if I can leave my current job and its very easy-going environment. Unfortunately, it's very stagnant and technically backward and that I do not like. So leaving might be an easier decision.
I noticed that George Shrub is comfortable, even pleased with progress in Iraq. So we can all feel happy about the $1 trillion+ that's been spent, the 4000+ soldiers killed, the almost 100,000 disabled vets who can't get the benefits they are entitled to, the millions of Iraqis who've fled to other countries, and the enemies we've made. Not to mention the increase in reasons for a terrorist to nuke us.
But as long as Mr or Mrs Typical American can continue to drive to work, go the grocery store, weed his yard, have sex and go to DisneyWorld, who cares.
BBC World Service just informed me that Mugabe has now refused to attend the summit meeting in South Africa convened to solve the election problems in Zimbabwe. What an idiot. Or maybe not. The old colonial men who are still ruling in African countries are making zillions at the expense of their countries. Not so different from the good ole USA.

No comments: